Study Abroad

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Yesterday I am quiet shock when I heard dat any architecture student need to complete his part 1 and part 2 at the same university (which is recognized by LAM), then he will be considered recognized part 1 and part 2 by LAM.

If the student completed his part 1 and part 2 in different university, he need to resit the part 2 exam again although both universities are recognized by LAM.

Is this true? Can anyone help me to clarify it?

Another thing is what I heard today,
If you want to apply to study abroad, you need to have 1 year experience working in archi firm.

Is this true?


flo.rence. said...

Phay Yung, this should be able to clear up your comfusion.

The Board's list of recognised architectural programmes refer to the full time programme conducted by the university/institution concerned at its main campus. Students are therefore advised to note that the recognised list does not automatically cover twinning programmes or programmes by cooperation (based on franchise) or other forms of arrangement or understanding between recognised oversea/local universities and non-recognised local institutions.

I copied this from LAM website. It simply means twinning programmes are not recognised. FULL TIME program refers to 5 years of architecture studies.

咖菲猫 said...

thanks flo, it is much clearer now, thanks